Refugee EdTech Program - Institute of International Education (IIE) Scholarship
The Institute of International Education (IIE) is pleased to announce the launch of its Refugee EdTech Program, which is designed to help displaced and refugee students pursue advanced education online, from anywhere in the world, without the need to travel to a university campus.
Students participating in the first cohort will pursue a MicroMasters® certificate offered through edX, the online education platform built by Harvard and MIT. These certificate programs typically represent one-quarter of a full master’s program. The certificate can help some students who wish to continue their education gain admission to graduate programs, and a growing number of companies - from IBM to Booz Allen to Ford - view it favourably as a hiring credential.
This IIE Scholarship includes the following benefits
- Full cost of the student's selected MicroMasters® certificate
- Flexible, self-paced learning
- A mandatory, virtual leadership program to be held over two days in summer 2021
To be considered for this IIE scholarship you must:
- Be displaced from your home country because of war, armed conflict, persecution, and/or threats to your personal safety in your home country. Refugees, asylum seekers, and individuals who meet the refugee convention definition, even if they don't have official refugee status, are eligible to apply.
- Select a MicroMasters® certificate program from the list of eligible programs.
- Fulfil the pre-requisites for the intended course of study. Please check requirements for pre-requisites on the edX website of your selected MicroMasters® Program at the bottom of the introduction page.
- Be proficient in English as all courses will be taught in English.
- Be no older than 35 at the time of application.
- Agree to participate in a 2-day virtual leadership program, scheduled (tentatively) for summer 2021.
How to Apply
Students interested in applying for the IIE Refugee EdTech Program - edX MicroMasters® are required to submit an online application following this application link: https://www.iiefeedback.org/se/612502253539D7D1
You will be able to save your application for later and complete your application in multiple sessions. While no supporting documents are required for the application, you must provide accurate information on your personal and educational background and respond to two essay questions.
The deadline to submit your application is Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET).