Voices From the Field - KJP Special Edition
15 February 2023
The programme builds upon the ongoing UN development interventions in the region. Through the KJP, the UN, therefore, continues to:
- Implement an area-based cross-sectoral UN joint programme focused on addressing the root causes of poverty and human insecurity in all its dimensions to enhance the resilience and livelihood of communities living in Kigoma Region.
- Apply a holistic durable approach to include both refugees, migrants in the region, host communities and host districts.
- Implement the principles of the New Way of Working (NWOW) which encourages humanitarian and development agencies to work collaboratively based on their comparative advantages, towards ‘collective outcomes’ that reduce need, risk and vulnerability over multiple years.
- Support the humanitarian-development nexus by linking together the UN’s existing response to refugees and migrants with an expanded development support to the host communities.
- Support stability and prosperity in the Kigoma region, in turn, contributing to stability in the Great Lakes regional context.